Based in Northeast Ohio, Area Wide Protective (AWP) is a rapidly growing national safety services provider committed to protecting our customers’ people, business, and time. AWP is America’s Traffic Control Leader, providing services for DOT and infrastructure projects as well as representing nearly every major public utility: electric, gas, and telecommunications
AWP CORE VALUES
Customer Focused – Deliver on our commitments every time
Focused on Growth – Promote and encourage creative solutions
We Value our Employees – Develop our skills to excel at everything we do
Commitment to Safety and Quality – Have a passion for excellence
Sense of Urgency – Demonstrate enormous energy and the ability to motivate others
Area Wide Protective (AWP) has been the leading provider and innovator of traffic control solutions since its inception in 1993. Headquartered in North Canton, Ohio, AWP is a rapidly growing national safety services provider committed to protecting the public, our customers, their business, and time. AWP is America’s Traffic Control Leader, representing major public utility: electric, gas, telecommunication, and construction companies.
We develop leaders! Whether you start at entry-level or middle management, employee development is a crucial component to our success! We coach and mentor those with the skills and desire to advance within our company. So come and join the AWP team!
The Assistant Site Operations Manager for the facility will support the Operations Manager in safety initiatives that protect employees, customers, and assets while also supervising and managing safe work environments. This position will have a passion for excellence, safety, and compliant operations over 20 or more employees.
- Coach and counsel employees on policies and procedures
- Ensure safety compliance with state-specific guidelines and other regulatory agencies as it relates to the office
- Protect the company’s employees, customers, and assets against losses, injuries, and accidents through enforcement of safe work practices
- Develop relationships with internal and external customers to achieve goals and new business opportunities
- Provide prevention measures to reduce accidents and other safety exposures by investigating, identifying causes, and developing preventative measures and practices
- Collaborate with project planning and implementation of safe work environments and traffic patterns in conjunction with business partners
- Assist with daily employee issues including payroll, timekeeping, benefits, time off requests, customer issues, and training requirements
- Obtain ATSSA and state-specific certifications
- Participate in the recruiting and hiring process in collaboration with Human Resources
- Assist in teambuilding efforts and regular communications with team members
- Assist with facilitating safety and committee meetings
- Perform work inspections and regulatory audits
- Engage and interact with new and existing employees to ensure safe and compliant work zones
- Ensure customer service issues are addressed promptly and efficiently while providing the highest level of customer service
- Solidify AWP’s presence in the service area and identify potential opportunities for growth
- Engage and support the training of new and current employees to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and reduce labor costs
- Ability to understand and adhere to a collective bargaining agreement (if applicable)
- Become a subject matter expert in work zone setup/design and professional flagging
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED completion
- A college degree in a business-related field is a plus!
- 3-5 years management experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Take the initiative to build work relationships.
- Contributes to the engagement and ongoing development of AWP employees
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office products and customer relationship management systems
- Must adhere to and promote safe workplace practices
- Valid Driver’s License void of suspension or revocation
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
- Hours of operation may vary based on staffing needs and workload
- The typical workweek may be more than 40 hours
- The majority of the time will be in an office setting
- The position may work in outside conditions that include inclement weather, not limited to heat, cold, humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving vehicles, and occasionally exposed to various extreme conditions at construction job sites.
- The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud
- Position may lift or carry objects up to 50 pounds
- If necessary in the field, stand for long periods and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions; employee lifts, pushes, pulls, or carries objects.
AWP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
PROTECTING YOUR PEOPLE, YOUR BUSINESS, AND YOUR TIME.