Based in Northeast Ohio, Area Wide Protective (AWP), is a rapidly growing national safety services provider committed to protecting our customers’ people, business, and time. AWP is America’s Traffic Control Leader, representing nearly every major public utility: electric, gas and telecommunications.
Founded in 1981, Area Wide Protective, Inc. (AWP) has grown into North America’s leading provider of professional traffic management and protection services. The company’s capabilities include work zone flagging, design and engineering for transportation management plans, equipment sales, rental and 24/7 support. AWP employs 6,500 team members across 27 U.S. states and four Canadian provinces.
AWP CORE VALUES
Customer Focused – Deliver on our commitments each and every time
Focused on Growth – Promote and encourage creative solutions
We Value our Employees – Develop our skills to excel at everything we do
Commitment to Safety and Quality – Have a passion for excellence
Sense of Urgency – Demonstrate enormous energy and the ability to motivate others
As the Customer Relations Account Specialist, this role is responsible for delivering excellence in service and contributing to the mission of protecting businesses, people and time. This role will focus on accurate and timely invoicing to our customers. This position is also responsible for ensuring all payments are received within the defined terms. The Customer Relations Account Specialist is responsible for collaboration across all levels to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
· Invoice assigned customers timely and accurately
· Address billing questions and discrepancies timely
· Verify invoice procedures and validate customer contracts
· Ensure payments for assigned customers are received within terms by managing their open Accounts Receivables.
· Communicate with internal and/or external customers
· Collaborate with the Field to complete tasks in a timely manner
· Act as a resource for other functions within AWP
· Provide training and support as requested
· Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers
· Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
· High school diploma or GED required
· 1-3 years AR/Billing experience preferred
· Strong customer service skills
· Basic knowledge of accounting principles and terminology; strong math skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Intense focus on accuracy and attention to detail; organized
· Problem-solving skills
· Critical thinking skills
· Demonstrate high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Excellent organizational skills
· Outgoing & assertive personality – not afraid to approach individuals
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Products (Excel, Word)
· Experience with Microsoft Great Plains and Salesforce software preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Employee must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
· Hours of operation are M-F, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
· 40-hour work week
· Primarily sedentary or working at a desk
· Occasionally lift and move 10 -25 pounds
· While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
· Proficient literacy
· The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, or reach with hands and arms
Area Wide Protective (AWP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.