Based in Northeast Ohio, Area Wide Protective (AWP), is a rapidly growing national safety services provider committed to protecting our customers’ people, business, and time. AWP is America’s Traffic Control Leader, representing nearly every major public utility: electric, gas and telecommunications.
Founded in 1981, Area Wide Protective, Inc. (AWP) has grown into North America’s leading provider of professional traffic management and protection services. The company’s capabilities include work zone flagging, design and engineering for transportation management plans, equipment sales, rental and 24/7 support. AWP employs 6,500 team members across 27 U.S. states and four Canadian provinces.
AWP CORE VALUES
Customer Focused – Deliver on our commitments every time
Focused on Growth – Promote and encourage creative solutions
We Value our Employees – Develop our skills to excel at everything we do
Commitment to Safety and Quality – Have a passion for excellence
Sense of Urgency – Demonstrate enormous energy and the ability to motivate others
As a partner of critical safety services supporting essential infrastructure, energy, telecom, water, and wastewater utility sectors, AWP seeks traffic control supervisors in your area.
The Customer Service Representative will coordinate schedules, organize meetings and prepare information for management staff. This position will support and uphold AWP’s overall mission and core values of protecting our customers’ people, business and time. This role provides customer service to multiple individuals both inside and outside the organization. Collaboration, teamwork and communication are important to effectively complete tasks and meet deadlines.
· Manage phone and email volume received through the Support Center
· Identify customer issue(s) and provide solutions and/or alternatives
· Engage both internal and external customers to help build sustainable relationships and promote company growth
· Maintain detailed records/notes from all forms of communication to ensure proper recordkeeping
· Remain current on procedures and processes followed by Protectors to better understand customer needs
· Attain personal and team qualitative and quantitative metrics
· Other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or GED
· Exceptional interpersonal communication skills; pleasant speaking voice
· One (1) year experience in an administrative or customer service role preferred
· Prioritize tasks and manage priority shifts throughout the day
· Excellent nonverbal communication skills
· Detail-oriented and organized
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
· Shift: 8AM-4PM (Sunday-Thursday)
· This facility is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
· Varying shifts, as well as holiday coverage, may be required
· Primarily sedentary or working at a desk
· Occasionally lift and move 10 -25 pounds
· While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
· The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, or reach with hands and arms
AWP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
PROTECTING YOUR PEOPLE, YOUR BUSINESS, AND YOUR TIME.