AWP is North America’s leading traffic control specialist. Our team of 6,500 professionals help secure 2,000 work zones every day – ensuring customer crews, drivers and our own teams get home safely. We protect those who operate, maintain and upgrade infrastructure in the energy, broadband and transportation sectors, and provide traffic control for major events like the Boston Marathon.
Since our founding in 1981, we have served customers through the talent of extraordinary team members committed to customer focus, growth, valuing each other, safety and quality, and a sense of urgency.
Area Wide Protective is seeking a talented Financial Planning Analyst to partner with leaders in the Central Business Unit. This is a high-profile role that will interact with stakeholders to understand key business drivers, identifying solutions which will provide the information and metrics needed to drive company growth, improve cost effectiveness, and advance the quality of service. The role will have an emphasis on developing systems/processes that are scalable and sustainable. Reporting to the Director of FP&A, this role works closely with accounting and finance partners to ensure accurate data and information gathering and will support the build out of AWP’s metrics reporting.
- Leads the Central Business Unit FP&A activities, being a leader in planning, budgeting, & forecasting, and coordinating monthly/quarterly closing exercises.
- Provides support and improve existing Excel-based models to improve integration of sales, financial and operations forecasts with a longer-term goal of incorporating models into an ERP tool to support decentralized forecasting and consolidation.
- Deliver accurate monthly and quarterly Revenue and EBIDTA forecasts.
- Provides clear, concise, and accurate presentations/analyses to Senior Management with a minimal lead time.
- Work in a cross- functional matrixed environment including Finance, Sales, Operations & Human Resources.
- Design and refine financial and operating models to help predict future performance, perform scenario analyses, and guide the business on strategic decisions, in addition to preparing monthly and quarterly management reporting.
- Other tasks may include, but not be limited to margin and pricing analysis, ROI analysis, preparation and evaluation of capital requests and ad hoc monthly/quarterly request
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
- 5+ years of FP&A experience, preferably in a high-growth private equity environment
- Experience working with ERP and managing multi-site profit centers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to successfully communicate sophisticated topics, navigate ambiguity, and influence through recommendations.
- Well-versed in financial modeling, with the ability to identify key model drivers and build complex financial models, as well as operational models to forecast the future with accuracy.
- Demonstrated track record of maintaining and improving business processes, and ideally have designed and implemented new processes from scratch.
- Microsoft Excel experience required.
- Skills in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly desired (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role
Area Wide Protective (AWP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.