The Dispatcher will demonstrate commitment to achieving the organization's goals and objectives
by coordinating and managing the drivers’ schedules to ensure equipment is picked up and delivered in a timely manner. Performing multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness, high levels of diplomacy, sound judgment, and discretion when dealing with customers and other department staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide the highest level of customer service and satisfaction
- Communicate and interact with customers as well as internal team members to ensure proper order status, delivery arrangements, and service
- Receive any incoming customer service calls
- Schedule and coordinate all service calls and adjust drivers’ daily schedules as required
- Monitor drivers throughout the day via the dispatch system
- Create the next day driver schedule ensuring customer needs are met
- Add new customer jobs and tickets to the computer system (TCR)
- Conduct job service checks for jobs that have been out for 30 days or more
- Complete a “final edit” of each job ensuring the ticket has all the required information for billing
- Interact and communicate in a professional and effective manner with all levels of employees, management, vendors, customers, and external partners
- Perform other functions as necessary or as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience; or any combination of education, experience, and training that provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Strong leadership skills to ensure drivers’ compliance with direction and assignments
- Basic understanding of the geographical area and mapping programs to facilitate efficient routing
- Proficient with or able to quickly learn dispatch and record-keeping systems.
- Ability to work independently with little instruction and adapt to change at a fast pace and under pressure
- High integrity and a strong work concept
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- High degree of energy, self-motivation, and flexibility
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Strong work ethic with a professional, positive attitude
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Continuously sit, stand and/or walk
- Frequently talk, hear, and use hands
- Feel the attributes of objects, grasp, push, pull, and reach with arms or hands
- Occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
At TSR, a company of Area Wide Protective (AWP) we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.