AWP is North America’s leading traffic control specialist. Our team of 7,200 professionals help secure 2,000 work zones every day – ensuring customer crews, drivers and our own teams get home safely. We protect those who operate, maintain and upgrade infrastructure in the energy, broadband and transportation sectors, and provide traffic control for major events like the Boston Marathon.
Since our founding in 1981, we have served customers through the talent of extraordinary team members committed to customer focus, growth, valuing each other, safety and quality, and a sense of urgency.
As Regional Sales Manager, you will represent AWP to potential and existing energy, broadband, transportation and construction customers in your assigned geographical area. You will maintain and grow existing business while using your exceptional communication skills and understanding of industry trends to identify and capture new accounts. This is a mid-level sales manager position that collaborates with and reports to the divisional sales leader for your specified region.
· Actively manage pipeline of existing and new sales opportunities to maintain and grow sales with strategic customers and prospects in target markets – particularly contractor partners in the energy and broadband utilities markets and Departments of Transportation (DOT).
· Develop and implement profitable sales growth plans for your assigned territory, aligned with company goals and objectives.
· Identify high-potential prospect accounts and convert them to new growth opportunities.
· Facilitate a seamless customer process, from the initial quote to customer payment, engaging colleagues in sales, operations and billing as needed.
· Be a customer advocate, routinely following up with contacts to ensure AWP is delivering on its brand promise and identifying areas for improvement.
· Collect and communicate industry trends and competitive activities within your assigned territory, adjusting sales growth plans based on the data.
· Maintain sales forecasts and customer relationship management updates in Salesforce.
· Participate in industry or promotional events (e.g:- Trade Shows) to cultivate customer relationships
· Contribute to and participate in Quarterly Business Reviews
· 5+ years of sales experience with demonstrated customer service acumen
· Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent work experience
· Demonstrable track record of successful selling in industrial B2B environment
· Availability to work and travel within the assigned territory 75% of the time
· Excellent interpersonal, written, presentation and sales skills
· Extremely self-motivated, highly persistent, and focused
· Strong project management, organizational and time management skills
· Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills
· You will work approximately 45+ hours a week, with hours varying based on workload and travel
· Time is split between field and office environments
AWP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.[CT4]