Develop work area traffic control plans that meet customers work zone and project phasing requirements as well as ascertaining if permit services are required.
- Meet with customers to develop work area traffic control plans that meet customers work zone and project phasing requirements as well as ascertaining if permit services are required (Long term plans using temporary striping and K-rail or short term daily temporary traffic control plans)
- Develop and submit quote for plans
- Design and draw temporary traffic control plans to current MUTCD/WATCH manual standards using AutoCAD or Rapid Plan software
- Submit plans to City/Controlling Agencies for review and approval as required
- Coordinate with branch manager for permit services as required per customer
- Attend meetings with customer and City/Controlling agencies
- Revise plans per City/Controlling agency’s direction
- Facilitate contact between dispatch and contractor to co-ordinate implementation of project by Statewide if required
- Submit billing for completed traffic plans
- Manage multiple projects for timely completion meeting contractor’s schedule
- Manage other draftsmen. Delegate projects for timely completion meeting contractor’s schedule
- Review and advise on traffic plan drawings from draftsmen
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD 2015 and/or proficient in use of Rapid Plan to draw to industry drafting standards
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in use of Google Earth and other GIS program
- Knowledge of California Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (CA MUTCD) (Most recent edition)
- Knowledge of Work Area Traffic Control Handbook (WATCH manual) (Most recent edition)
- Able to read and understand construction blueprints and specifications
- Must have a valid driver license & clear driving record
- Must be able to lift 50lbs & stand for many hours
- Bend and lift repeatedly
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifteen pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination against employees and applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected classifications under applicable law. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all federal government contracting laws and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for qualified employees and applicants, such as women, minorities, persons with disabilities and certain groups of veterans. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotions, and training, working conditions, compensation and benefits. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems policies and practices reflect our commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment, including contracting opportunities for vendors and suppliers.