Based in Northeast Ohio, Area Wide Protective (AWP), is a rapidly growing national safety services provider committed to protecting our customers’ people, business, and time. AWP is America’s Traffic Control Leader, representing nearly every major public utility: electric, gas, and telecommunications.
Founded in 1981, Area Wide Protective, Inc. (AWP) has grown into North America’s leading provider of professional traffic management and protection services. The company’s capabilities include work zone flagging, design, and engineering for transportation management plans, equipment sales, rental, and 24/7 support. AWP employs 6,500 team members across 27 U.S. states and four Canadian provinces.
The Divisional Fleet and Equipment Manager role will champion AWP’s core values and mission of protecting our customers’ people, business, and time. The Divisional Fleet and Equipment Manager will engage with corporate and senior divisional leadership in managing the day-to-day fleet and equipment operations.
- Provide guidance and oversight to the fleet and equipment operations within the assigned area.
- Oversee Core Fleet Programs, such as Repair & Maintenance, DOT Compliance, Availability Status, Replacement Planning, and Auditing of Fleet and Equipment.
- Engaging in strategic planning and decision-making related to maintenance, repair, and replacement of fleet and equipment.
- Evaluate and negotiate fleet service and supply agreements with vendors and suppliers.
- Assist in recruitment of department-related employees, as needed, and provide for their continuous professional training and development.
- Prepare and communicate reports with senior leadership.
- Guide and advise local management teams on best operational practices
- Assist the corporate fleet team in managing the fuel card and GPS program.
- Maintain asset branding procedures.
- Research, develop and implement new procedures and processes.
- Maintain relationships with outside vendors as needed.
- Assist in safety compliance and other compliance-related activities as they pertain to the department.
- Collaborate with the safety department to ensure all vehicles meet safety standards.
- Conduct performance evaluations for the supporting team according to organization guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience or 4-year degree in a business-related field
- Five (5) years of fleet and equipment mechanical knowledge preferred
- Strong leadership, communication, and coaching skills
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office products and Salesforce
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Employees must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
- Hours of operation are typically 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., M-F
- Primarily work within locations of an assigned area.
- May occasional travel to other areas to assist.
- Work outside or within repair facilities and warehouses.
- Position lifts or carries objects up to pounds
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, or reach with hands and arms
Area Wide Protective (AWP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.