Statewide Safety Systems, a company of Area Wide Protective (AWP), is a rapidly growing national safety services provider committed to protecting our customers’ people, businesses, and time. Statewide Safety Systems (AWP) is America’s Traffic Control Leader, representing nearly every major public utility: electric, gas, and telecommunications. The company’s capabilities include work zone flagging, design and engineering for transportation management plans, equipment sales, rental, and 24/7 support. We are committed to keeping people safe. That includes drivers, pedestrians, workers, and everyone else at a site we serve. To succeed in this mission, we employ safety experts and well-trained crews. America’s roads and work zone professionals need and deserve Statewide/AWP protection.
The Project Manager will play an important role in the company’s growth by planning, directing, coordinating, and budgeting in collaboration with the Branch Manager, Dispatcher, and Estimator. This role is responsible for multiple business projects and oversees the organization, scheduling, and implementation of each project from start to finish. Seeking someone that has the drive and motivation to make an impact on the business quickly as well as someone that wants to be involved in all aspects of the project from field visits, client interactions, financials, and building and coaching a team. We seek someone wanting to grow with this rapidly growing company and industry.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities for multiple road and site construction projects from the start date to close-out while collaborating with the Branch Manager, Dispatcher, and Estimator
- Ensure that all permits are obtained- 30-40 permits per week on average
- Initiate and maintain contact as primary liaison with project owners, branch business unit, and other contacts to facilitate project activities
- Provide administrative direction to monitor and control projects from start to finish to ensure each project is completed on schedule and within budget
- Work with the Branch Manager and Dispatcher to request and assign workers to project sites, as required, and ensure the accuracy of all employee timecards associated with each project
- Collaborate with the Contract Administrator and Estimator to prepare proposals and manage financial aspects of contracts to protect the company’s interests and maintain a good relationship with the customer
- Develop reports and tracking for materials required, work progress, costs, and scheduling
- Partner with A/R & A/P to resolve payment disputes
- Provide excellent communication and timely feedback to the Branch Manager and Dispatcher
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients
- Always promote a Positive Safety Culture and Compliance
- Represent the company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings
- Develop new business opportunities through networking, client meetings, and presentations
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree/experience combination, a plus
- 2+ years of experience in the heavy/highway transportation infrastructure industry, preferably at a level that required extensive project management work
- Knowledge of Traffic Control or Construction systems and devices and obtaining permits
- Knowledge of public safety, security issues, and regulations
- Excellent mathematical skills, including application and use in problem-solving
- Ability to coordinate own and others’ actions, manage own time and manage personnel resources
- Strong understanding and expression of written and verbal English sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents
- Sensitivity to problems; ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong
- Proficient knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel
- Demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and exactness
- Must be able to coordinate or lead employees within different levels of the organization
- Assume responsibility for work outcomes and results of your team
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
- Hours of operation may vary based on staffing needs and workload
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing walking, and driving.
- Regular exposure to all weather conditions in combination with regular work time indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Majority of time will be in an office setting- 50% office and 50% out in the field
- Position may lift or carry objects up to 40 pounds
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects being managed or coordinated
- When working on site, will be required to wear common protective or safety equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, hard hats, or life jackets
Benefits: Competitive Compensation, Medical, Vision, Dental after 30 days, 401K after 90 days, PTO, and Corporate paid holidays.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifteen pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination against employees and applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected classifications under applicable law. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all federal government contracting laws and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for qualified employees and applicants, such as women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and certain groups of veterans. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotions, training, working conditions, compensation, and benefits. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems policies and practices reflect our commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment, including contracting opportunities for vendors and suppliers.