Statewide Safety Systems, a company of Area Wide Protective (AWP), is a rapidly growing national safety services provider committed to protecting our customers’ people, businesses, and time. Statewide Safety Systems (AWP) is America’s Traffic Control Leader, representing nearly every major public utility: electric, gas, and telecommunications. The company’s capabilities include work zone flagging, design and engineering for transportation management plans, equipment sales, rental, and 24/7 support. America’s roads and work zone professionals need and deserve Statewide/AWP protection.
The Operations Assistant will play an important role in the company’s growth by assisting the Operations Manager with multiple projects and duties; coordinating repairs, inbound/outbound calls, maintenance, and follow-up with customers after work is complete to ensure satisfaction. Performing multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness, high levels of diplomacy, sound judgment, and discretion when dealing with customers and other department staff.
· Organize, create, and update union employee safety files and fleet binders
· Coordinate fleet repairs, maintenance, registrations, and Smog Certification
· Update safety spreadsheet(s) and keep track of certification expiration dates
· Add all completed safety documents to share drive each month
· Assist with weekly payroll timecard inspection as needed
· Support Customer Service Associate/front counter and answer phones as needed
· Manage customer calls regarding current jobs/projects as needed when Operations Manager is out in the field
· Assist in preparing work orders and dispatch schedules
· Assist techs with FAQs and minor issues/concerns, including but not limited to W-4s, direct deposits, updating personnel files, etc.
· Inform union employees when Local Union dues are due
· Advise new hires with the completion of new hire paperwork
· Branch inventory organization, tracking, and record keeping
· Monitor and report mileage and hours for each project
· 1-3 years of Office administrative experience
· Knowledge of traffic control and safety devices preferred
· Supervisor Traffic Control Training Certification preferred
· Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, and procedures to meet local and state requirements
· Understanding of CA wage and hour laws
· Knowledge of Union process and policies a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
· Hours of operation may vary based on staffing needs and workload
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing walking, and driving.
- ?Regular exposure to all weather conditions in combination with regular work time indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
· Majority of time will be in an office setting- 50% office and 50% out in the field
· Position may lift or carry objects up to 40 pounds
· May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects being managed or coordinated
· When working on site, will be required to wear common protective or safety equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, hard hats, or life jackets
Benefits: Competitive Compensation, Medical, Vision, Dental after 30 days, 401K after 90 days, PTO, and Corporate paid holidays.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifteen pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination against employees and applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected classifications under applicable law. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all federal government contracting laws and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for qualified employees and applicants, such as women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and certain groups of veterans. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotions, training, working conditions, compensation, and benefits. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems policies and practices reflect our commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment, including contracting opportunities for vendors and suppliers.