Area Wide Protective (AWP), is a rapidly growing national safety services provider committed to protecting our customers’ people, businesses, and time. AWP is America’s Traffic Control Leader, representing nearly every major public utility: electric, gas, and telecommunications. The company’s capabilities include work zone flagging, design and engineering for transportation management plans, equipment sales, rental, and 24/7 support. We are committed to keeping people safe. That includes drivers, pedestrians, workers, and everyone else at the site we serve. To succeed in this mission, we employ safety experts and well-trained crews. America’s roads and work zone professionals need and deserve AWP protection.
The HR Generalist is vital to the execution of HR services across the company by implementing procedures, benefits packages, 401K plans, and ensuring I-9 compliance. While working closely with the HR Director and recruiters in Texas you will ensure a high level of Human Resources services that include employee engagement, supporting performance management, employee relations, manager coaching, compensation/salary administration, supporting change management, EEOC compliance, and special projects. The HR Generalist will be a point of contact for management and employees within the business and, spend a significant amount of time interacting with employees at all levels in a rapidly growing company.
- Implement programs and policies on procedures, incentives, and new employee orientation
- Responsible for employee orientation, development, and training
- Leave of absence administration
- Assist with organization development and participate in employee relations and company communication
- Utilize employee-related databases and prepare reports necessary to carry out functions of the department
- Assist in establishing department KPIs that support the company’s strategic goals
- Responsible for personnel records, I-9 compliance, and benefits records.
- Update and maintain Human Resources bulletin boards at all locations
- Ensure all personnel document forms are properly distributed to department managers in a timely manner
- Organize in-house training systems and provide necessary education and materials to managers and employees
- Enforce disciplinary procedures, FMLA policy, and benefits information
- Comply with and protect the interest of employees and the company in accordance with policies and governmental laws and regulations
- Ensure employee services and counseling are in place, and employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health
- Administer disability and worker’s compensation claims
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Human Resources Director
- 1-3 years of Human Resources experience preferred
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organization planning, or other specialized training preferred
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Diplomatic and confidential; self-motivated
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel Skills
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
- Hours of operation may vary based on staffing needs, primarily M-F, dayshift
- Primarily sedentary or working at a desk
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
Area Wide Protective (AWP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.