AWP is North America’s leading traffic control specialist. Our team of 6,500 professionals helps secure 2,000 work zones every day – ensuring customer crews, drivers, and our own teams get home safely. We protect those who operate, maintain, and upgrade infrastructure in the energy, broadband, and transportation sectors and provide traffic control for major events like the Boston Marathon.
Since our founding in 1981, we have served customers through the talent of extraordinary team members committed to customer focus, growth, valuing each other, safety and quality, and a sense of urgency.
The MOT Specialist will uphold the core values and overall mission of protecting our customers’ people, businesses, and time. This position will have a passion for excellence, safety, and compliant operations. The MOT Specialist will also support safety initiatives that protect employees, customers, and assets while also supervising and managing safe work environments. This role is instrumental in the management of resources to coordinate issue resolution within the scope of traffic control resource planning, scheduling, execution, safety, and billing for all client projects.
· Management level resources to coordinate issue resolution for the client
· Work with internal crews and contractors to identify their needs on a weekly basis
· Traffic Control resource planning, scheduling, execution, and billing
· Collaborate with the management team at AWP and the client Scheduling team
· Report Weekly to the client and AWP on agreed terms, weekly, monthly and quarterly
· Eliminate underutilized crews- crews working off-road for the day, job complete, etc.
· Act as the single point of contact for storm resources, including all scheduling and dispatching
· Own the entire project from start to finish from order to payment
· Coordinate with the client billing team AWP Billing Team to ensure all invoice submissions are complete, pricing is accurate and processed timely
· Provide continual follow-up on project costs and payments and issues with work order numbers or signatures required weekly
· Assist management team with safety meetings, forecasting traffic control costs, and providing weekly cost reports
· Plan and Forecast volume, demand, spending, and cost control for future projects
· Understanding of equipment, compliance, and cost-saving needs to communicate to the management team what they will need for the project
· Bachelor’s degree in project management preferred or 4 + years of experience in Project Management
· Four + years of experience in Project Management or Operation Manager experience required
· PMP Certification a plus
· Lean Six Sigma experience a plus
· 2+ years of scheduling experience
· Dispatch knowledge or experience as a plus
· Highly organized and exhibits great attention to detail
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Employees must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
· Expect a 40+ hour work week, occasional weekends, and holidays
· Hours of operation may vary based on staffing needs and workload
· Time will be split between field and office environments
· The position may work in outside conditions that include inclement weather, not limited to heat, cold, humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt
· Occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving vehicles, and occasionally exposure to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites
· The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud
· Position may lift or carry objects up to 50 pounds
· If necessary, in the field, stand for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions; the employee lifts pushes, pulls, or carries objects
Benefits: Competitive Compensation, Medical, Vision, Dental after 30 days, 401K after 90 days, PTO, and Corporate paid holidays.
AWP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
PROTECTING YOUR PEOPLE, YOUR BUSINESS, AND YOUR TIME.