Trafficade, a company of Area Wide Protective, is a diversified company that employs over 300 people with 3 operating divisions and 8 branch locations throughout Arizona. The company was founded in 1990 and continues to grow each year, and in September 2021 Trafficade merged with AWP. AWP has 155 locations that provide traffic control services across 27 U.S. states and 4 Canadian provinces. Our expansive geographic footprint allows many Trafficade/AWP customers the convenience of using one provider for projects in multiple locations. We like to say that we’re local – everywhere. Our mission is to make roads safer. America’s roads and work zone professionals need and deserve Trafficade/AWP protection.
The AP Lead will play a critical role in the company by delivering excellence in service and contributing to the mission of protecting business, people, and time. The AP Lead will work alongside the AP team while providing new hire training, participating in continuous improvement initiatives, and providing feedback for future enhancements. Ensuring compliance with all invoices, reimbursements, weekly/monthly reconciliation, reconciling AP register and transactions, and working closely with vendors and reporting. This role will report to the Regional Controller for the Mountain Business Unit.
· Match supplier invoices to authorized purchase orders and proofs of receipt
· Enter all supplier invoices into the system
· Check all invoices for proper documentation/approval prior to vouchering for payment
· Handle reimbursement and per diem payments to internal employees
· Weekly review and monthly reconciliation of company credit card
· Ensure all payments are processed in compliance with company policy
· Reconcile Intercompany weekly/monthly
· Reconcile accounts payable register and transactions
· Respond to all vendor inquiries
· Ability to work effectively with vendors and internal employees via multiple forms of communication (i.e. in-person, phone, text, email & other messenger services)
· Verify the required approval for purchase orders has been received and submit approved POs to vendors
· Reconcile vendor statements, correct discrepancies, resolve differences
· Assist in Month end closing process of sub-ledger as needed
· Assist with Interim and YE audits
· Assist with processing checks/ACH/Wires as needed
· Ability to create/format/edit purchasing and payable reports as requested
· Ensure files and documentation are complete, complying with company policy and accepted accounting practices
· Participates in continuous improvement initiatives and provides input for efficiency enhancements
· Help train additional AP staff as the company expands
· 2+ years of Accounts Payable/Accounting office experience
· Associates degree in Accounting or Business preferred, but not required
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and accuracy, problem solving and multi-tasking abilities
· Proven capabilities with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Outstanding customer service skills
· Ability to work closely with others, a team player, and self-motivated
· Excellent understanding of confidential information
· Fast and accurate data entry skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Employee must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
· Hours of operation are typically 8 a.m.- 5 p.m., M-F
· 40-hour workweek
· Primarily sedentary or working at a desk
· Occasionally lift and move 10 -25 pounds
· Proficient literacy
· The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, or reach with hands and arms
· Computer and standard office equipment such as a printer, copier, scanner, calculator, fax machine, and telephone. Badge machine.
Benefits: Competitive Compensation, Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K, PTO, and Corporate paid holidays.
Trafficade, a company of Area Wide Protective (AWP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.