AWP is North America’s leading traffic control specialist. Our team of 6,500 professionals helps secure 2,000 work zones every day – ensuring customer crews, drivers, and our teams get home safely. We protect those who operate, maintain, and upgrade infrastructure in the energy, broadband, and transportation sectors and provide traffic control for major events like the Boston Marathon.
Since our founding in 1981, we have served customers through the talent of extraordinary team members committed to customer focus, growth, valuing each other, safety and quality, and a sense of urgency.
Area Wide Protective is seeking a talented Director, Human Resources to lead Human Resources for the North/South Division. The Business Unit Director of Human Resources collaborates with Business Unit leaders to develop and drive human capital solutions that align with delivering business results. The leader will take an active role in ensuring the company reaches its goals by leading Employee Relations, Talent Assessment & Performance Management, Compensation, HR Compliance, and other HR projects. The role will also play an integral part in developing and driving the company culture as well as employee engagement programs and initiatives. The ideal candidate will want to roll up their sleeves and dive into day-to-day issues, as well as lead strategic initiatives and projects. The Business Unit Director of Human Resources will report to the Vice President, Human Resources (Field) with a dotted line to the Vice President, Business Unit.
- This is a true HR leadership role and will be involved in projects that touch all aspects of HR such as employee relations, team member development, compensation, benefits (Total Rewards), talent management, succession planning, performance management, HR policy, talent acquisition, and training
- Partners with the company-wide network of Human Resources professionals to drive business goals through the people strategy
- Partners with HR specialists to drive key organizational initiatives around talent acquisition, associate relations, associate development, talent management, benefits, and compensation
- The position will be a strategic business partner with the Business Unit leadership teams with the recruiting, hiring, and onboarding process by offering guidance in clarifying role accountability, developing candidate pipelines, and leading continuous improvement in the overall recruiting/hiring/onboarding processes
- Developing and reporting on key performance indicators around employee engagement, and retention, focusing on improvement in the KPIs
- Develops the communication strategy and vehicles to support the needs of the locations within the Business Unit. Provides leadership and oversight of the communications systems to ensure the right audiences get the right information at the right time, across the Business Unit
- Develops solutions, policies, and programs necessary to drive business results
- Consults with business leaders to develop strategic workforce plans in line with the Integrated Operating Company model and support the business strategy
- Develop/Facilitate/ Implement comprehensive change management strategies to guide the organization to a future state, while solving complex problems
- Pursues continuing improvement of Human Resources policies and practices in alignment with and support of the organization’s Mission, Vision, Values, and business objectives
- Provides leadership to coordinate both organizational and people-related goals and strategies
- Bachelor's degree required; preference for PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certifications and/or Advanced degree
- 7+ years of progressive HR experience focused on employee relations, performance management, HR compliance, driving organizational change, and influencing organizations
- Proven experience in a strategic Human Resources business partner role where business objectives were measured and evaluated
- Demonstrated performance leading change initiatives within an organization
- Strong business acumen and the ability to effectively implement HR strategies to support business goals
- Excellent communication skills and executive presence/poise
- Results-driven, process-improvement-focused, and able to build consensus
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
- Hours of operation are M-F, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- 40-hour work week Primarily sedentary or working at a desk
- Occasionally lift and move 10 -25 pounds
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- Proficient literacy
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, or reach with hands and arms
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE/PERKS
- Benefits-eligible 1st of the month following hire
- All traditional benefits offered, including 3 medical plan options and 2 dental plan options, as well as additional benefits such as Legal and Identity Shield, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Company paid 50k in basic life insurance
- Company paid LTD
- Health Savings and Flex Spending Accounts Available
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- AWP named one of America’s Greatest Workplaces 2023 for Diversity
PROTECTING YOUR PEOPLE, YOUR BUSINESS, AND YOUR TIME.
Area Wide Protective (AWP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.