The Operations Manager will provide leadership and implementation of core values and our overall mission of protecting our customers’ people, business, and time. This position will be responsible for the management and ongoing development of employees at the facility. The Operations Manager will lead safety initiatives by protecting employees, customers, and assets while also supervising and managing safe work environments and verifying customer needs are being met at the highest level of satisfaction. The management team at Statewide Safety Systems is instrumental in achieving success through teambuilding, recruitment strategies, and promoting ongoing relationships with both internal and external clients.
· Strategic planning and implementing of strategies to create and maintain safe work practices
· Manage a staff of 75-150 employees
· Ensure safety compliance in accordance with Company, Local, State, and Federal regulations as it relates to the Site
· Protect the company’s employees, customers, and assets against losses, injuries, and accidents through enforcement of safe work practices
· Foster team building through leadership practices and regular communication strategies
· Utilize Site and organization data for workforce forecasting to predict staffing needs
· Prevent accidents and other safety exposures by investigating, identifying causes, and developing preventative measures and practices
· Become a subject matter expert in work zone setup/design and professional flagging
· Maintain traffic control, safety, and supervisor credentials
· Participate in the recruiting and hiring strategies in conjunction with Human Resources
· Conduct Site new hire orientation and ongoing training
· Facilitate safety and committee meetings
· Responsible for tracking and auditing the usage of assets, employees, and time for projects
· Ensure customer service issues are addressed promptly and efficiently while providing the highest level of customer service.
· Solidify Statewide’s presence in the service area and identify potential opportunities for growth
· Engage and invest in the training of new and current employees to reduce turnover, promote efficiency, and reduce labor costs.
· Manage daily employee issues including payroll, timekeeping, benefits, time off requests, scheduling, and customer issues
· Ability to understand and adhere to a collective bargaining agreement (if applicable)
· Associate or bachelor’s degree a plus but not required
· 5-10 years of management experience required
· Strong leadership with excellent communication and coaching skills
· Excellent motivation and organizational skills
· Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office products and customer relationship management systems
· Experience managing P&L
· Process Improvement – Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma preferred
· Experience in Business Development – top & bottom line
· Significant experience developing high-performing teams
· The proactive approach to brand development
· Building strong customer relationships
· Ability to develop and execute business plans
· Must adhere to and promote safe workplace practices
· Must maintain a current, valid driver’s license and a clean driving record void of suspension or revocation
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Employees must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
· Expect a 40+ hour work week, occasional weekends, and holidays
· Hours of operation may vary based on staffing needs and workload
· Time will be split between field and office environments
· The position may work in outside conditions that include inclement weather, not limited to heat, cold, humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt
· Occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving vehicles, and occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites
· The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud
· Position may lift or carry objects up to 50 pounds
· If necessary, in the field, stand for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions; employee lifts pushes, pulls, or carries objects
Benefits: Competitive Compensation, Medical, Vision, Dental after 30 days, 401K after 90 days, PTO, and Corporate paid holidays.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifteen pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination against employees and applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected classifications under applicable law. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all federal government contracting laws and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for qualified employees and applicants, such as women, minorities, persons with disabilities and certain groups of veterans. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotions, and training, working conditions, compensation and benefits. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems policies and practices reflect our commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment, including contracting opportunities for vendors and suppliers.