The Delivery Driver is responsible for providing excellent customer service through the safe and efficient delivery of parts and products to our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow all safety rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Strive to provide the highest level of customer service and satisfaction to establish and develop the company’ s reputation.
- Continually observe all traffic rules and regulations, customer specifications, and standards of the Company Code of Conduct.
- Safe and timely delivery and unloading of products to customers within an assigned route.
- Strict adherence to DOT Regulations and TSR Safety Policies.
- Follow safety rules and regulations on all work zone and flagging sites, including placing signs, barricades, traffic cones and other warning devices; safely controlling vehicular, pedestrian and construction traffic movements in a work area; duties may vary according to job assignment and traffic control plan.
- Flagging of traffic to ensure safe work zone for TSR customers, TSR employees, and the public.
- Maintain contact and coordination with TSR Dispatcher on and off the job.
- Navigate safely to and from the office to each jobsite utilizing all aspects of the TSR policies and procedures to ensure safety.
- Coordinating with customer and/or TSR dispatcher ensuring a safe, efficient and problem-free service provided to TSR customers.
- Maintain all equipment in a safe and working condition.
- Perform pre-trip vehicle inspection to ensure safe operation prior to operating (oil, tire air pressure, etc.) and report any concerns to your supervisor.
- Conduct an inventory check ensuring you have all equipment needed for each job.
- Load all needed equipment into the delivery truck.
- Complete the required paperwork using a company tablet.
- Report any and all unsafe conditions to supervisor as soon as possible.
MARGINIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
· Interact and communicate in a professional and effective manner with all levels of employees, management, vendors, customers and external partners.
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.?The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.?Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.?
- 0-1 years of experience; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Pre-employment drug screen.
- DOT Medical Card; required.
- UDOT Traffic Control Maintainer?Certification.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to work independently with little instruction and can adapt to change.
- Ability to convey product knowledge and provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
- High integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization's goals and objectives.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- Demonstrate high level of diplomacy, sound judgment, and discretion when dealing with customers and other department staff.
- High degree of energy, self-motivation, and flexibility.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Knowledge of truck and equipment safety.?
- Ability to navigate to customer job sites.
The best candidates for this position can be described as having these five competencies:
- Communicates Effectively:?Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels; Attentively listens to others; Adjusts to fit the audience and the message; Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization; Encourages the open express in of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Action Oriented:?Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning; Identifies and seizes new opportunities; Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times; Steps up to handle tough issues.
- Instills Trust: Follows through on commitments; Is seen as direct and truthful; Keeps confidences; Practices what he/she preaches
- Ensures Accountability:?Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same; Acts with a clear sense of ownership; Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures; Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results; Designs feedback loops into work.
- Customer Focus:?Gains insight into customer needs; Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer; Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations; Establishes and maintains effective customer Relationships.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.?Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:?
- Frequently sit, stand and/or walk
- Frequently talk, hear, and use hands
· Feel the attributes of objects, grasp, push, pull, and reach with arms or hands
- Frequently lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift up to 80 pounds