The Estimator will contribute to the mission of protecting our customers’ people, business, and time by delivering excellent service and accurate information. This position will work in collaboration with all levels of the origination to have a clear understanding of the projects and requirements needed to achieve deadlines. The Estimator will work with team members to deliver precise and accurate bids for assigned projects.
- Understand projects and all requirements
- Analyze all available information to compile into a proposal estimate
- Attend external pre-bid meetings to determine the scope of work
- Determine key variables for cost and other estimates
- Complete proposals including bid documents, determining the project’s scope, and evaluating special conditions affecting the proposal (including site conditions, access, personnel, and equipment needs)
- Review and clarify proposals and negotiate projects
- Prepare estimates based on time, labor requirements, equipment costs, and specifications
- Create and submit estimate reports or bids to appropriate persons (project managers, clients, bidding competitions, etc.)
- Obtain and track offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
- Prepare preliminary schedules for all successfully awarded projects
- Manage multiple project estimates simultaneously
- Contact current and potential customers in a sales capacity
- Involved in peer mentoring and on-the-job training
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2 or 4-year college degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 1-year construction industry experience preferred
- Organized with an intense focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to develop, foster, and manage customer relationships
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Products (Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of Safety Standards and MUTCD is a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
- Hours of operation are typically 8 a.m.- 5 p.m., M-F
- 40-hour workweek
- Primarily sedentary or working at a desk
- Occasionally lift and move 10 -25 pounds
- Proficient literacy
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, or reach with hands and arms
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifteen pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination against employees and applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected classifications under applicable law. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all federal government contracting laws and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for qualified employees and applicants, such as women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and certain groups of veterans. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotions, and training, working conditions, compensation, and benefits. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems policies and practices reflect our commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment, including contracting opportunities for vendors and suppliers.