The Account Manager will develop and maintain relationships with the existing client base, growing accounts within the assigned sales territory and selling the company’s portfolio of products, services, and rentals while meeting or exceeding sales/margin targets. The client base consists of City and County agencies, the Department of Transportation, Infrastructure Contractors, and Mass Transit related clients. This position is an active hands-on role requiring routine weekly travel within the designated sales territory.
· Responsible for conducting weekly sales appointments with key decision makers on existing accounts
· Attend qualified weekly cold call appointments resulting in adding new accounts each week; and conduct calls to prospective new accounts
· Build and maintain a solid and qualified pipeline
· Convey the company’s focus on safety to employees and customers
· Collaborate with Inside Sales, Billing Clerk and Branch Manager on sales strategies and procedures
· Network as the key point of contact for sales within the defined region
· Create business plans and forecasts to drive weekly sales targets
· Represent Statewide Traffic Safety & Signs network of companies to deliver quality, on-time service
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree preferred; formal sales training preferred
· 2-3 years proven success in B2B outside sales
· Must have experience in construction, traffic control or infrastructure industries
· Strong presentation and communication skills, both written and oral
· Exhibit strong customer orientation; experience developing strong partnerships by understanding and anticipating customer’s business needs
· Display proven track record of growing market share
· Results-driven, work independently and have a positive “make it work” attitude
· High energy and self-motivated
· Team focused and support of the company direction
· Exemplary computer skills
· Bilingual a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
· Hours of operation are typically 8 a.m.- 5 p.m., M-F
· 40-hour + workweek based on the work
· Travel into the field daily- no overnight travel required
· Occasionally lift and move 10 -25 pounds
· Proficient literacy
· The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, or reach with hands and arms
Benefits: Competitive Compensation, Medical, Vision, Dental after 30 days, 401K after 90 days, PTO, and Corporate paid holidays.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifteen pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination against employees and applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected classifications under applicable law. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all federal government contracting laws and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for qualified employees and applicants, such as women, minorities, persons with disabilities and certain groups of veterans. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotions, and training, working conditions, compensation and benefits. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems policies and practices reflect our commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment, including contracting opportunities for vendors and suppliers.