Statewide Safety Systems, a company of Area Wide Protective (AWP), is a rapidly growing national safety services provider committed to protecting our customers’ people, businesses, and time. Statewide Safety Systems (AWP) is America’s Traffic Control Leader, representing nearly every major public utility: electric, gas, and telecommunications. The company’s capabilities include work zone flagging, design and engineering for transportation management plans, equipment sales, rental, and 24/7 support. We are committed to keeping people safe. That includes drivers, pedestrians, workers, and everyone else at the site we serve. To succeed in this mission, we employ safety experts and well-trained crews. America’s roads and work zone professionals need and deserve Statewide/AWP protection.
Seeking an experienced Branch Manager to join the growing team in Poway! This role will actively contribute to the day-to-day branch operations and business expansion! This is a hands-on role requiring contact with vendors, customers, operations, field locations, and corporate departments. We are looking for someone with experience in temporary traffic control services, utility, and/or the construction industry to coordinate and supervise the overall delivery of quality field operations by service personnel. Their primary task is to ensure that our employees, equipment, and materials are used safely and efficiently to maximize productivity.
· Responsible for the implementation, coordination, and management of office operations in accordance with the corporate strategic plan
· Assist in the establishment and development of retail stores at current and future locations including sales goals, forecasts, and marketing strategies
· Participate in the development and implementation of policy and strategic plans
· Drive the company to focus on safety for employees and customers and conduct regular safety meetings in accordance with the company Safety and Illness Prevention Program
· Implement programs to ensure attainment of business plan for growth and profit and manage budget
· Formulate and monitor key cost efficiency and revenue metrics and keep leadership apprised of challenges and successes
· Share a superior understanding of the company’s products and services, as well as national and local traffic control rules and regulations; actively participate in the estimating process. Know and understand the effects of unit pricing on projects
· Coach and develop staff to increase key cost efficiencies, revenue, and gross margin
· Review and provide regular, balanced feedback to staff regarding the safety, location’s financial performance, cross-functional and cross-company collaboration, people management, and growth
· Actively participate in the identification, interviewing, and hiring decisions for vacancies
· Build a strong succession plan for the branch
· Communicate with employees regarding corporate initiatives and opportunities
· Assist in union relations as needed
· Work closely with the Sales and other branches to solidify the company’s presence in the local marketplace and to identify potential opportunities for additional business
· Resolve any customer service issues quickly and efficiently to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction
· Coach staff to build strong relationships with existing customer base to maintain and grow the business
· 7+ years of experience in an operations role, successfully managing people and processes
· Strong customer service mentality and proven track record of customer service success
· Record of developing strong relationships with customers and employees; motivating positive outcomes
· Record of driving growth resulting in increased revenues
· Proven track record of sound fiscal management
· Strong leadership, communication, and coaching skills; proven ability to communicate and execute new business initiatives and processes while maintaining customer and employee trust and commitment
· Strategic, creative, and tactical thinking ability to enable the growth of markets
· Prior experience preferred in Traffic Control Services or Utility or Construction Industry; local experience preferred
· High sense of urgency, energy, and entrepreneurial-minded
· Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office products and customer relationship management systems
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
· Hours of operation may vary based on staffing needs and workload
· Majority of time will be in an office setting- 90% office and 10% out in the field
· Position may lift or carry objects up to 40 pounds
Benefits: Competitive Compensation, Medical, Vision, Dental after 30 days, 401K after 90 days, PTO, and Corporate paid holidays.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifteen pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination against employees and applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected classifications under applicable law. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all federal government contracting laws and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for qualified employees and applicants, such as women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and certain groups of veterans. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotions, training, working conditions, compensation, and benefits. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems policies and practices reflect our commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment, including contracting opportunities for vendors and suppliers.