Statewide Safety Systems, a company of Area Wide Protective (AWP), is a rapidly growing national safety services provider committed to protecting our customers’ people, businesses, and time. Statewide Safety Systems (AWP) is America’s Traffic Control Leader, representing nearly every major public utility: electric, gas, and telecommunications. The company’s capabilities include work zone flagging, design and engineering for transportation management plans, equipment sales, rental, and 24/7 support. We are committed to keeping people safe. That includes drivers, pedestrians, workers, and everyone else at the site we serve. To succeed in this mission, we employ safety experts and well-trained crews. America’s roads and work zone professionals need and deserve Statewide/AWP protection.
As the Billing Specialist, this role is responsible for delivering excellence in service and contributing to the mission of protecting businesses, people, and time. This role will focus on accurate and timely invoicing to our customers. This position is also responsible for collecting cash customer payments within the defined terms. The Billing Specialist is responsible for collaboration across all levels to achieve departmental and organizational goals. Seeking someone that is a team player to join this fun, positive, and growing facility!
· Invoice assigned customers timely and accurately
· Address billing questions and discrepancies timely
· Verify invoice procedures and validate customer contracts
· Ensure payments for assigned customers are received within terms by managing their open Accounts Receivables.
· Communicate with internal and/or external customers
· Act as a resource for other functions within the Statewide
· Provide training and support as requested
· Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers
· Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
· High school diploma or GED required
· 1-3 years of Billing experience preferred
· Strong customer service skills
· Basic knowledge of accounting principles and terminology; strong math skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Intense focus on accuracy and attention to detail; organized
· Problem-solving skills
· Critical thinking skills
· Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Excellent organizational skills
· Outgoing & assertive personality – not afraid to approach individuals
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Products (Excel, Word)
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
· Hours of operation are M-F, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
· 40-hour work week
· Primarily sedentary or working at a desk
· Occasionally lift and move 10 -25 pounds
· While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
· Proficient literacy
· The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, or reach with hands and arms
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE/PERKS
· Benefits eligible 1st of the month following hire
· All traditional benefits offered, including 3 medical plan options and 2 dental plan options, as well as additional benefits such as Legal and Identity Shield, Accident, and Critical Illness
· Company paid 50k in basic life insurance
· Company paid LTD
· Health Savings and Flex Spending Accounts Available
· Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
· AWP named one of America’s Greatest Workplaces 2023 for Diversity
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifteen pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination against employees and applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected classifications under applicable law. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all federal government contracting laws and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for qualified employees and applicants, such as women, minorities, persons with disabilities and certain groups of veterans. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotions, and training, working conditions, compensation and benefits. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems policies and practices reflect our commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment, including contracting opportunities for vendors and suppliers.