Full Service Municipal Traffic Control, Right Sized For You.
AWP is a one-stop shop for municipalities with complex traffic control needs. At AWP, we go above flagging to offer comprehensive traffic management capabilities, and we always ensure that your project is done quickly, efficiently and safely.
- Work Zone Protection for city/contractor crews, motorists and pedestrians
- Road/Lane Closures
- AFAD (Automated Flagger Assistance Devices) and Flagging Crew options
- Permit Support
- Traffic Control Plans
- Equipment Sales & Rental
- Signs – maintenance, inventory control and installation
- 24/7/365 Emergency Services
- Special Events – parades, concerts, sports, school events, etc.
Locally Managed with National Scale.
Area Wide Protective is nationwide with local teams living and working right in your community. Our national footprint offers extensive resources, while also ensuring our local offices are operated by real people that are dedicated to your project areas.
AWP is committed to providing safe, reliable and cost-effective traffic control solutions for our customers. Most municipalities have tight budgets, lean teams and limited resources for dealing with traffic control. Partnering with AWP improves safety, reduces accident liability and allows you to focus on other activities.
- Safe – AWP has 49% fewer injuries than the industry average (Based on 2020/2021 data). All AWP Protectors have completed industry-leading training, are ATSSA-certified, and specifically trained in work zone set-up. That means better protection for your crews and community.
- Reliable – We show up when we say we will and work efficiently. Plus, with 24/7/365 Emergency Services, we are always available when you need us.
- Cost-Effective – By leveraging AWP, our customers save resources, improve project performance and safety, and ultimately improve their project’s bottom line.
- Accurate Billing – AWP tablet technology gives you a complete view of work before it starts. This helps you streamline payments and avoid overpaying.
“I would like to personally thank the AWP crews for being there when the City of Melbourne needed AWP’s assistance in an emergency situation. During this time the crew that responded was punctual, professional, and willing to do whatever it took to keep the citizens and City employees safe during the force main repair process. We appreciate the hard work that AWP has done for the City of Melbourne Utilities Departments and look forward to doing more business in the future.”
Wastewater Collections Forman, City of Melbourne
Request More Information
To request additional information regarding Area Wide Protective municipal traffic control services, please complete the form below and a local expert will contact you within 24 hours. For urgent inquiries, please call 800-343-2650.
Savannah, GA: Exclusive Traffic Control Provider of Enmarket Arena
Traffic Control Projects | August 30, 2022
Savannah’s Enmarket Arena Relies Exclusively on AWP for Safe, Reliable Traffic Control “No more driving to Atlanta” was the headline on February 2, 2022, when the Savannah Morning News announced the opening of the city’s Enmarket Arena. This 9,500-seat venue hosts global live music acts like Bon Jovi – and is home to the Savannah…
Safe & Effective Designing: AWP’s Engineering Team Keeps Projects on Track
Traffic Control Projects, Featured | February 16, 2022
In simple terms, engineers are problem-solvers: designing, inventing, and maintaining much of the world we live in. In the world of temporary traffic control, problem-solving is two-fold. AWP’s engineers focus on finding both the most effective and the safest way to reroute traffic for clients’ road work projects. A Decade of Designing Troy Garver joined…
Cleveland, OH: Improving Power Reliability for Communities
Traffic Control Projects | May 2, 2021
AWP provides comprehensive traffic control and simultaneous rolling slowdowns on two major highways Our utility partners rely on us for seamless traffic control. AWP teams supported a large transmission line crossing project, that involved both ground and air collaboration. Challenge A $133 million transmission project enhanced electric service in greater Cleveland. It involved major overhead…