AWP coordinates traffic around public art installation of Tony Feher’s “Buoy”
AWP had the opportunity to facilitate the installation of an ambitious and eye-catching work of art, by Tony Feher, at the Akron Art Museum in Akron, Ohio. Our team provided all traffic control services to facilitate the Akron Art Museum installation.
A public art installation by renowned artist Tony Feher turned heads with three 54-inch bright-red buoys suspended from the museum’s cantilevered roof, like merry wrecking balls. Installing “Buoy” required the use of a large crane, which interrupted the usual traffic pattern around the downtown museum. Professional traffic control services were needed to protect the crew and crane, and maintain smooth traffic flow.
AWP provided end-to-end traffic control services, starting with two temporary traffic control plans created by our engineering team. Once the plans were approved by city officials, we set up a work zone that included:
- Closure of two lanes on East Market St.
- Single lane shift on East Market St.
- Access to several side streets and other entrances
- Sidewalk closures with ADA-compliant pedestrian barricades
- AWP provided all planning, design, equipment and labor to set up this safe, compliant, and efficient work zone.
AWP helped facilitate the successful installation of an ambitious work of art.
To discuss your next project with a dedicated AWP Sales representative, request a quote.