“We have worked with Johnny from AWP on multiple crossing through the years and he is so professional and knowledgeable. […]Read More
“I drove through a textbook perfect flagging operation today in Franklin County, FL. AWP was controlling traffic for Duke Energy. […]Read More
“I am writing to give the AWP MOT nighttime crew the recognition that they totally deserve. The crew out of […]Read More
“Everything was great, you guys were super on it and it went super smooth. Thanks so much for taking the […]Read More
“AWP did an amazing job. They were on time, professional, and great to deal with. I will definitely be using […]Read More
“AWP is organized, disciplined and has professional leaders. We were impressed that they called a pre-con meeting (before starting work). […]Read More
Area Wide Protective AFADs are smart, safe and efficient. Our automated flagger assistance devices improve work zone safety and help you complete projects on schedule.
AFADs are automated machines with an 8-foot gate arm, and stop and caution lights to support workzone traffic control. They are controlled by our certified and trained flaggers via roadside tablet.
Research actually shows that motorists are more responsive to AFADs. Missouri DOT found that vehicles approached 4.2 mph slower and stopped 11.4 ft. further back when work zones utilized Automated Flagger Assistance Devices (AFADs).* The study also discovered 78% of drivers prefer AFADs over human flaggers.
*Source: Evaluation of Automated Flagger Devices, MoDOT, 2017
- Promote Safety – Smart Technology allows one Protector to safely control multiple AFADs, out of harm’s way; Customer crews are safer thanks to better compliance from motorists; and, if a vehicle does breach the workzone, an alarm immediately alerts everyone to get out of the way.
- Improve Traffic Flow – Onboard Google/Waze technology diverts 25% of traffic around the workzone entirely; supporting manageable traffic flows, and reducing the odds of accidents.
- Stay on Schedule – By relying on fewer AWP Protectors to cover each workzone, the efficiencies translate to greater service availability, despite today’s labor challenges.
- Cost Effective – Leveraging AFADs can drive down your project costs over the long term by finishing work on or ahead of schedule (reducing overtime costs), and by reducing the chance of costly accidents.
- Reduce Liability – Built-in cameras take video surveillance that can be used in the event of an accident. It shows what really happened, protecting you, your contractors and AWP from potential lawsuits.
A Pavement Marker is a safety device used on roads that reflects when shined on by automotive headlights.
Pavement Markers are devices that are placed on roads and can be used as reflective devices by automobile headlights. These road markers decrease crash rates, and keep drivers alert with where they are going when it is dark.Read More
Delineators alert drivers when there are hazardous road conditions, on and off ramps and other unexpected road changes that cause a concern for safety.
Delineators are useful for safely guiding traffic through confusing construction or hazardous road conditions. Delineators are tall and skinny traffic control devices. They convey a nonverbal message instructing the public to avoid whatever should be prevented.
Types of DelineatorS
- Curb Delineator
- Delineator post
- Delineator post with base
- Delineator cones
Speed Bumps are made specifically to slow drivers down in specific areas. They are intended to be traffic calming devices that use vertical deflection to slow motor-vehicle traffic in order to improve safety conditions
Speed Bumps are made to reinforce stop signs in parking lots, improve pedestrian safety and reduce the risk of accidents in driveways, parking lots, private residential streets. They are also made for public roads such as schools, hospitals and shopping centers.
Types of Speed Bumps
- Speed Bump
- Speed Cushion
- Speed Hump
- Speed Table
- Rubber Speed Bump
- Concrete Speed Bump
Intended to house the supplies needed to direct traffic, Traffic Control Supply Trailers transfer equipment safely to and from the work zone.
Traffic Control Supply Trailer are storage and transfer units that house traffic supplies such as cones, drums and signage from work zone to work zone, keeping them dry and in one place when not needed.Read More
Sign posts are attachable to any sign, with different sizes and styles to be installed along roadways or walkways.
Sign posts can be attached to sign of choice that fits the size and structure. They are movable, permanent or flexible to display your outdoor signs around the grounds of your business, office park, campus, facility, in parking lots and open road areas. A signpost properly displays signs and helps show the way or explain policies.
Types of Sign Posts
- 2# U-Channel
- 3# U-Channel
- Square Tube
- Round steel tubing
- U-Channel plastic
- U-Channel steel
- Aluminum U-Shaped channel